Jl. Jend Sudirman, Jakarta, Indonesia
19.844 m2 GFA
GBC Indonesia Greenship Existing Building Gold
In 2012 Farpoint completed the purchase of the Sequis Center. The building, which first opened in 1980, is a Grade B office building located in the prime Sudirman CBD area in Jakarta. Farpoint has transformed the existing building to an environmentally sustainable building. Farpoint has protected the architectural legacy whilst reducing its environmental impact to an absolute minimum. The Sequis Center has been officially certified as a Green Building with Gold level ranking by Green Building Council Indonesia.
Green features and sustainable technologies
A glass fiber reinforced concrete (GRC) sunlight shading façade covers the entire building which minimises heat gain. The GRC product was prefabricated locally.
LED lighting is installed through out 100% of the building's common areas. A schedule to replace all tenant areas is in progress.
The building's water cooling system was replaced with chiller machinery equipped variable speed drive (VSD) features.
Water conservation measures to improve water- efficiency included water auto-stop fittings and urinal auto flush, with sub-meters for monitoring and leak detection.
In effort of minimise the waste generated from the building's activities, waste disposal areas on each floor have three separate containers for organic, inorganic and hazardous material.
Upgraded the building's green plot ratio with locally adapted plants that require less water.
Other notable green features
● Campaign of GREENSHIP awareness through Building Management Committee meetings with tenants, 98% builder user survey response rate
● Provide digital display media for all the green campaign initiatives
● Green lease introduced
● Composting of plant waste to recycle as fertilizer plant
● Rain water harvesting for maintaining green areas
● Environmentally friendly procurement policy for cleaning and property maintenance materials
● Energy saving: 28.15 % (3.03 million kwh/Year) (based on calculation by October 2014 – Sept 2015)
● Reduction in CO2 emissions: 2,150 tonnes/year
● Water saving: 31.02 % (10.500 m3/Year) (based on calculation by October 2014 – Sept 2015)
● Air conditioning system efficiency: 0.616 kw/TR (on 68% Load)
● Energy efficiency index: 179.62 kwh/m2/year (based on calculation by October 2014 – Sept 2015)